Ukraine Appeal Editions Terms of Sale
These Terms and Conditions apply to the sale of Tracey Emin’s Ukraine charity edition by White Cube Limited (“White Cube”, “we” or “us”) to you (the “Purchaser” or “you”). Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully and make sure you understand them.
Without limiting the ways in which these Terms and Conditions apply, acceptance of these Terms and Conditions in store shall be demonstrated by full or partial payment of the price shown on the front of the invoice for the relevant edition (the “Edition”).
As you are purchasing an Edition online, these Terms and Conditions are supplementary and should be read in conjunction with the General Online Terms of Sale for online sales.
1. We are White Cube Ukraine Appeal Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under registration no. 13984218, whose principal place of business is 144-152 Bermondsey Street, London, SE1 3TQ.
2. White Cube sells and is authorised to sell the Edition as agent to Tracey Emin (the “Artist”).
RESTRICTIONS ON UKRAINE APPEAL EDITIONS PURCHASES
3. You acknowledge and agree to comply with the following before purchasing the Edition from White Cube:
- The Edition has been created by the Artist with all sales proceeds going to charities supporting Ukraine. Commercial resale is strictly forbidden. If you wish to re-sell the Edition, please contact White Cube.
- The Edition is currently in fabrication and White Cube estimates the earliest completion date for the work to be July 2022. White Cube will update you as soon as it can with details of when the Edition will be ready to ship.
- The image of the artwork on White Cube’s website shows a proof, not a final print, and the Edition may vary slightly from this image.
- Sales are strictly limited to one Edition of each artwork per household.
- Sales to dealers (being individuals or companies which buy and sell art by way of business) are strictly prohibited and the Edition must not be purchased for onward sale.
- After purchasing the Edition, the Purchaser shall not buy other editions of the same artwork, either by purchasing further editions directly or by asking third parties to purchase further editions on the Purchaser’s behalf.
- White Cube reserves the right to refuse to sell or to rescind the sale of the Edition to any purchaser for any reason, but in particular if a purchaser attempts to circumvent the above restrictions.
- The Purchaser shall be allocated an edition number when the Edition is ready for despatch.
- White Cube is regulated for the purposes of anti-money laundering and is required to carry out statutory customer due diligence checks on all of the Purchasers. Any funds received will be rejected and title to the Edition will not pass to the Purchaser until these checks have been satisfactorily completed.
4. Title to the Edition shall pass to the Purchaser on delivery provided that White Cube has received the amount stated on the invoice in full.
DELIVERY AND RISK
5. The Purchaser is responsible for shipping and casing costs. You will be contacted and invoiced separately for packaging and shipment by White Cube’s preferred service provider (the “Shipper”). You consent to White Cube providing your name, address and order details to the Shipper.
6. From the time the Edition is delivered to the address provided by the Purchaser, risk shall pass to the Purchaser and from that time the Purchaser shall be responsible for the Edition and should make appropriate arrangements to insure it.
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
7. The Purchaser shall be responsible for any and all direct or indirect taxes and/or duties, including export and import duties.
8. No copyright or other intellectual property rights in the Edition are granted to the Purchaser and the Artist’s moral rights are hereby asserted.
10. If you have any questions or complaints about these Terms and Conditions or the Edition, please direct them to White Cube by telephone on +44 207 036 1515 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to White Cube, 144-152 Bermondsey Street, London SE1 3TQ.
11. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with these Terms and Conditions. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will affect your legal rights.
12. These Terms and Conditions and any non-contractual obligation arising from or in connection with them shall in all respects be construed in accordance with English law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.